Women Met in the Writing Workshop
Thursday, November 24, 2011
By: Kaos GL
The Creative Writing Workshop organized by Kaos GL took place on 15 November 2011, Tuesday in Kaos Culture Center and was coordinated by Güzin Yamaner.
Topics such as literature, women’s literature, literary history of women, why women are not visible in the field of literature, things that cannot be written, signature issue in Writing, childhood, women’s experiences, historical responsibility were brought to agenda in the Workshop.
The Writing Workshop that will last until February seems like it will proceed as a study which will support women to write more while the issues on why they cannot write are also discussed.
Organizing the Workshops is a Counter-Attack against the Invisibility of Homosexual and Bisexual Women
Kaos GL Short Story Competition is organized by women who are volunteers for Kaos GL in order to make lesbian and bisexual women visible in the field of literature and create a literature that belongs to lesbian and bisexual women regarding the marginalization of homosexual and bisexual women, their relationships are shown as always with depression, unhappy endings and violent in movies, novels and short stories.
The deadline for participation of ‘Women’s Short Story Competition’ that will be organized for the 7th time and has the theme ‘Purple’ is 16 April 2011.
The awards of the competition will find their owner in The 7th Anti-Homophobia Meeting that will have Pınar Selek as the honorary juror in May.
Sociologist, researcher, author, feminist and peace activist Pınar Selek who was born in 1971 in Istanbul, has led the set up of The Street Artists’ Workshop which is the common workshop of the excluded people and mutually exclusives. Selek who is one of the founders and activists of Amargi Women’s Solidarity Cooperative, supports many NGOs and movements that work on peace and human rights.
- Lets Remind the Turkish PM about LGBT Rights on IDAHO Day!16 Mayıs 2013
- LGBT Refugee Workshop Held in Ankara14 Mayıs 2013
- The Regional Network Releases Its First Memorandum!14 Mayıs 2013
- The Regional Network to Declare Its First Annual Memorandum!10 Mayıs 2013
- Turkey: Revoking Same-Sex Adoptions07 Mayıs 2013
- Rainbow Bus against Homophobia from Istanbul to Ankara!06 Mayıs 2013
- We Are Meeting Against Homophobia on May 17th!03 Mayıs 2013
- Albanian Prime Minister Berisha meets LGBT activists25 Nisan 2013
- Montenegro to Improve Transgender Rights18 Nisan 2013
- Anti-Homophobia Meeting to Talk About Peace17 Nisan 2013