Discussion on Sexism and Heterosexism Held in Çanakkale
Monday, June 04, 2012
By: Kaos GL
Eğitim-Sen (Education and Science Workers Trade Union) hosted a panel in Çanakkale named “Discrimination Fields of Sexism and Means to Resist”.
Moderated by Assistant Professor Doctor Özlem Duva, the event took place in Prof. Dr. Türkan Saylan Belediye Sosyal Tesisleri Nikâh Salonu on 1st June, Friday.
Speakers and titles of their speech:
-Gazi University Medical Faculty Prof. Dr. Selçuk Candansayar: “Medicalization of Sexuality, Homosexuality and Heterosexism”
-İstanbul University Faculty of Political Science Research Assistant Doctor Özgün Akduran: “Three Sectors on the Axis of Capitalism and Patriarchy: Household-State-Market”
-Kaos GL Remzi Altunpolat “Education as a Practice of Heteronormalization” and Ali Erol “LGBT Individuals Clamped by Heterosexism”.
The activity was hosted by Eğitim-Sen Çanakkale Branch Office with support of Kaos GL and Friedrich Ebert Foundation.
Photos: Müjdat Cengiz / Çanakkale
- Lets Remind the Turkish PM about LGBT Rights on IDAHO Day!16 Mayıs 2013
- LGBT Refugee Workshop Held in Ankara14 Mayıs 2013
- The Regional Network Releases Its First Memorandum!14 Mayıs 2013
- The Regional Network to Declare Its First Annual Memorandum!10 Mayıs 2013
- Turkey: Revoking Same-Sex Adoptions07 Mayıs 2013
- Rainbow Bus against Homophobia from Istanbul to Ankara!06 Mayıs 2013
- We Are Meeting Against Homophobia on May 17th!03 Mayıs 2013
- Albanian Prime Minister Berisha meets LGBT activists25 Nisan 2013
- Montenegro to Improve Transgender Rights18 Nisan 2013
- Anti-Homophobia Meeting to Talk About Peace17 Nisan 2013