Zdravko Cimbaljevic - Human rights defender of the month
Thursday, August 02, 2012
By: Kaos GL
Cimbaljevic represents the rights and freedoms of the LGBT community on the local, regional and European level.
International organization "Civil Rights Defenders" has declared Zdravko Cimbaljevic, the executive director of LGBT Forum Progress, as the civil rights defender of the month on a global level.
Cimbaljevic represents the rights and freedoms of the LGBT community on the local, regional and European level, advocates against their discrimination and fights for better visibility and acceptance of LGBT persons in their surroundings.
A human rights defender is a person who in a peaceful manner promotes and protects human rights. All over the world, human rights defenders are threatened, harassed and murdered. Each month during 2012 this organization highlight one of these brave people who, in various ways, take high risks in the struggle for other peoples rights.
The decision on proclamation can be found at this link: http://www.civilrightsdefenders.org/featured/human-rights-defender-of-the-month-zdravko-cimbaljevic/
LGBT Forum Progres
LGBT Forum Progres
- Intellectuals Call on the Turkish Government to Stop Police Violence18 Haziran 2013
- Claudia Roth Meets the Chapullers in Ankara18 Haziran 2013
- Kaos GL is at LGBT Youth and Social Inclusion Conference13 Haziran 2013
- Athens Pride 2013 said Occup Fear11 Haziran 2013
- Marriage For All: France restoring its prestige abroad05 Haziran 2013
- Free Spirits, Free Bodies: 2nd Thessaloniki Pride is in June04 Haziran 2013
- Lets Remind the Turkish PM about LGBT Rights on IDAHO Day!16 Mayıs 2013
- LGBT Refugee Workshop Held in Ankara14 Mayıs 2013
- The Regional Network Releases Its First Memorandum!14 Mayıs 2013
- The Regional Network to Declare Its First Annual Memorandum!10 Mayıs 2013