Grindr Censored in Turkey!
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
By: Kaos GL
Dating app Grindr used by gay, bisexual and curious men has been censored in Turkey. The app cannot be accessed since yesterday evening. İstanbul Anatolia 14th Criminal Court of Peace blocked off Grindr as a “protection measure.”
Kaos GL Association's Lawyer Hayriye Kara said it is very likely that the decision might be related to "general morality", an ambiguous term used often against trans sex workers. The website of the application is blocked by Telecommunications Communication Presidency, welcoming the visitor with the following message:
“The decision no 2013/406 dated 26/08/2013, which is given about this website (grindr.com) within the context of protection measure, of “İstanbul Anadolu 14. Sulh CM” (İstanbul Anatolia 14th Criminal Court of Peace) has been implemented by “Telekomünikasyon İletişim Başkanlığı” (Telecommunications Communication Presidency).
- Hrant Dink Award goes to Diyarbakir Bar Association and Theresa Kachindamoto23 Eylül 2016
- 8th Hrant Dink Award Ceremony to be held on September 2221 Eylül 2016
- Coalition for Sexual Rights in Muslim Societies wrote a letter to Erdoğan05 Eylül 2016
- Trans in Turkey01 Eylül 2016
- Demonstration in Istanbul for Hande Kader: We want to die of natural causes22 Ağustos 2016
- UN Women and UNFPA condemn hate murders in Turkey21 Ağustos 2016
- Trans woman burned and murdered in Istanbul16 Ağustos 2016
- We dispersed on every street for the 14th Istanbul LGBTI+ Pride March!27 Haziran 2016
- Istanbul LGBTI+ Pride Committee: We will not be able to hold the 14th Pride March24 Haziran 2016
- Human Rights Observation Report of Trans Pride March23 Haziran 2016