Grindr Censored in Turkey!
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
By: Kaos GL
Dating app Grindr used by gay, bisexual and curious men has been censored in Turkey. The app cannot be accessed since yesterday evening. İstanbul Anatolia 14th Criminal Court of Peace blocked off Grindr as a “protection measure.”
Kaos GL Association's Lawyer Hayriye Kara said it is very likely that the decision might be related to "general morality", an ambiguous term used often against trans sex workers. The website of the application is blocked by Telecommunications Communication Presidency, welcoming the visitor with the following message:
“The decision no 2013/406 dated 26/08/2013, which is given about this website (grindr.com) within the context of protection measure, of “İstanbul Anadolu 14. Sulh CM” (İstanbul Anatolia 14th Criminal Court of Peace) has been implemented by “Telekomünikasyon İletişim Başkanlığı” (Telecommunications Communication Presidency).
- MEPs condemn ban and police violence at Istanbul Pride30 Haziran 2015
- Pride Commitee: We will always be here!30 Haziran 2015
- Minute by minute: What happened at the Pride Parade?30 Haziran 2015
- Statement from the Governate concerning the attack on Pride Parade29 Haziran 2015
- Police break up the 13th Istanbul LGBTI Pride Parade29 Haziran 2015
- LGBTI refugees constitute the most invisible group26 Haziran 2015
- Complete support from Chief Consul Leigh Turner to Pride March26 Haziran 2015
- Trans Pride Week has started: We need a law!17 Haziran 2015
- Pride marches in 3 cities of Turkey this Sunday11 Haziran 2015
- Access to LGBTI related websites was blocked one by one?04 Haziran 2015