Grindr Censored in Turkey!
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
By: Kaos GL
Dating app Grindr used by gay, bisexual and curious men has been censored in Turkey. The app cannot be accessed since yesterday evening. İstanbul Anatolia 14th Criminal Court of Peace blocked off Grindr as a “protection measure.”
Kaos GL Association's Lawyer Hayriye Kara said it is very likely that the decision might be related to "general morality", an ambiguous term used often against trans sex workers. The website of the application is blocked by Telecommunications Communication Presidency, welcoming the visitor with the following message:
“The decision no 2013/406 dated 26/08/2013, which is given about this website (grindr.com) within the context of protection measure, of “İstanbul Anadolu 14. Sulh CM” (İstanbul Anatolia 14th Criminal Court of Peace) has been implemented by “Telekomünikasyon İletişim Başkanlığı” (Telecommunications Communication Presidency).
- Separate Prison for the LGBTI: Collective Isolation18 Nisan 2014
- Law of Misdemeanor Workshop Held In Mersin and Adana16 Nisan 2014
- Trans Inmate on Hunger Strike: I Do Not Want To Die!10 Nisan 2014
- Kaos GL Association to Raise Awareness and Advocacy09 Nisan 2014
- No LGBTI Candidates Elected in Turkish Local Elections07 Nisan 2014
- Law of Misdemeanor Workshop Held in Ankara04 Nisan 2014
- Kaos GL to Attend the US Workshop Feminism and Authoritarianism in the Middle East01 Nisan 2014
- Trans people must be able to benefit from their right to vote25 Mart 2014
- Reasoned Verdict in the Court Case of Rosin Cicek: Killing Someone Because of Their Sexual Orientation is Unacceptable24 Mart 2014
- Prison Sentences for the Cyber Attacks on kaosGL.org!24 Mart 2014