Grindr Censored in Turkey!
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
By: Kaos GL
Dating app Grindr used by gay, bisexual and curious men has been censored in Turkey. The app cannot be accessed since yesterday evening. İstanbul Anatolia 14th Criminal Court of Peace blocked off Grindr as a “protection measure.”
Kaos GL Association's Lawyer Hayriye Kara said it is very likely that the decision might be related to "general morality", an ambiguous term used often against trans sex workers. The website of the application is blocked by Telecommunications Communication Presidency, welcoming the visitor with the following message:
“The decision no 2013/406 dated 26/08/2013, which is given about this website (grindr.com) within the context of protection measure, of “İstanbul Anadolu 14. Sulh CM” (İstanbul Anatolia 14th Criminal Court of Peace) has been implemented by “Telekomünikasyon İletişim Başkanlığı” (Telecommunications Communication Presidency).
- Gay referee wins lawsuit, court penalized discrimination05 Ocak 2016
- Cant adolescents be free of their parents18 Aralık 2015
- Exhibition in Istanbul: "Future Queer"16 Aralık 2015
- 4th Symposium against Discrimination to take place in Ankara01 Aralık 2015
- Inquiry into police who attacked Pride Parade rejected30 Kasım 2015
- Remnants of Silvan20 Kasım 2015
- Queer Tango interview with Faysal Tekoğlu12 Kasım 2015
- Discrimination should be demolished to improve the society06 Kasım 2015
- Its necessary to throw away the things done related to Internet since 200519 Ekim 2015
- Issue is not about getting rid of differences but destroying inequality19 Ekim 2015