Grindr Censored in Turkey!
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
By: Kaos GL
Dating app Grindr used by gay, bisexual and curious men has been censored in Turkey. The app cannot be accessed since yesterday evening. İstanbul Anatolia 14th Criminal Court of Peace blocked off Grindr as a “protection measure.”
Kaos GL Association's Lawyer Hayriye Kara said it is very likely that the decision might be related to "general morality", an ambiguous term used often against trans sex workers. The website of the application is blocked by Telecommunications Communication Presidency, welcoming the visitor with the following message:
“The decision no 2013/406 dated 26/08/2013, which is given about this website (grindr.com) within the context of protection measure, of “İstanbul Anadolu 14. Sulh CM” (İstanbul Anatolia 14th Criminal Court of Peace) has been implemented by “Telekomünikasyon İletişim Başkanlığı” (Telecommunications Communication Presidency).
- Kaos GL visited 13 cities in April25 Mayıs 2016
- Homophobic obstinacy of Ankara Governorship: They banned the IDAHOT march twice!21 Mayıs 2016
- Ankara Governorship banned IDAHOT March21 Mayıs 2016
- 11th International Anti-Homophobia Meeting: Desire challenges the world!18 Mayıs 2016
- Human Rights Committee that discriminates LGBTIs is now official!27 Nisan 2016
- Turkish intelligence document: ISIS targets Kaos GL12 Nisan 2016
- Minister of Justice Bozdağ: We never add sexual orientation to the legislation08 Nisan 2016
- Human Rights Committee draft that discriminate LGBTIs has become law08 Nisan 2016
- Kaos GL visited 11 cities in March06 Nisan 2016
- Open letter to homophobic university from a gay student05 Nisan 2016