Grindr Censored in Turkey!
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
By: Kaos GL
Dating app Grindr used by gay, bisexual and curious men has been censored in Turkey. The app cannot be accessed since yesterday evening. İstanbul Anatolia 14th Criminal Court of Peace blocked off Grindr as a “protection measure.”
Kaos GL Association's Lawyer Hayriye Kara said it is very likely that the decision might be related to "general morality", an ambiguous term used often against trans sex workers. The website of the application is blocked by Telecommunications Communication Presidency, welcoming the visitor with the following message:
“The decision no 2013/406 dated 26/08/2013, which is given about this website (grindr.com) within the context of protection measure, of “İstanbul Anadolu 14. Sulh CM” (İstanbul Anatolia 14th Criminal Court of Peace) has been implemented by “Telekomünikasyon İletişim Başkanlığı” (Telecommunications Communication Presidency).
- Reflections on the European Social Charter30 Temmuz 2015
- Legal basis of discrimination and gay public officers30 Temmuz 2015
- Looking at discrimination from a social politics POV29 Temmuz 2015
- Why are women outside the labor market?29 Temmuz 2015
- Rape and police violence carried to Parliament23 Temmuz 2015
- Prison for raping trans sex worker in Turkey21 Temmuz 2015
- Official complaint for the Massacre Call09 Temmuz 2015
- There is still no justice for Ahmet Yıldız on 20th trial08 Temmuz 2015
- The AKPs hate politics has turned into a massacre call07 Temmuz 2015
- MEPs condemn ban and police violence at Istanbul Pride30 Haziran 2015