Grindr Censored in Turkey!
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
By: Kaos GL
Dating app Grindr used by gay, bisexual and curious men has been censored in Turkey. The app cannot be accessed since yesterday evening. İstanbul Anatolia 14th Criminal Court of Peace blocked off Grindr as a “protection measure.”
Kaos GL Association's Lawyer Hayriye Kara said it is very likely that the decision might be related to "general morality", an ambiguous term used often against trans sex workers. The website of the application is blocked by Telecommunications Communication Presidency, welcoming the visitor with the following message:
“The decision no 2013/406 dated 26/08/2013, which is given about this website (grindr.com) within the context of protection measure, of “İstanbul Anadolu 14. Sulh CM” (İstanbul Anatolia 14th Criminal Court of Peace) has been implemented by “Telekomünikasyon İletişim Başkanlığı” (Telecommunications Communication Presidency).
- 1915 statement by Pink Armenia and Kaos GL17 Nisan 2015
- The candidates are selected, now its time for selecting the course of politics!14 Nisan 2015
- 10th Anti-Homophobia Meeting to take place in Ankara on May 16-1713 Nisan 2015
- LGBTI panel is not a black stain on universities!09 Nisan 2015
- Gay and trans candidates to run for Turkish general elections08 Nisan 2015
- Turkeys main opposition proposed a pro-LGBT social inclusion bill07 Nisan 2015
- Ban on LGBTI rights panel: Sexuality constitutes a danger against university01 Nisan 2015
- Ahmet Yildiz: Unending case of a murdered gay man26 Mart 2015
- Kaos GL Magazine calls for articles on publishing24 Mart 2015
- Lesbian desire: Lets increase that shame19 Mart 2015