Istanbul municipalities put up rainbow billboards for March 8
Two municipalities in Istanbul put up billboards prepared by the Lamdaistanbul LGBTI for International Women’s Day.
Istanbul’s Kadikoy and Sisli municipalities, run by the main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP), put up billboards prepared by the Lambdaistanbul LGBTI, an LGBTI association currently located in Kadikoy, for International Women’s Day March 8.
“I’m lesbian, I’m everywhere!”
The billboards that read “I’m lesbian, I’m bisexual, I’m trans, I’m intersex: I’m at school, I’m in the Parliament, I’m everywhere!” brings attention to sexual, gender and bodily diversity for March 8 in the streets of Kadikoy and Sisli.
Both municipalities had signed off the “LGBTI-friendly Municipality Protocol” prepared by the Lambdaistanbul LGBTI and SPoD LGBT before the local elections held in March, 2013.
The main opposition municipalities had previously used billboards to raise awareness for the Trans Day of Remembrance.
Sisli Municipality also launched its Social Equality Unit in October 2015 - a dream of Boysan Yakar, an LGBTI activist and the late Sisli Municipality Mayor’s Advisor who lost his life in a traffic accident last year.
- Kaos GLs next issue: Game and Sports9 Ocak 2017
- Kaos GL: Lynch attempt against Barbaros Şansal is a hate crime!3 Ocak 2017
- Refugee transgender woman was killed in Istanbul22 Aralık 2016
- 5th Symposium against Discrimination to take place in Ankara1 Aralık 2016
- LGBT SOS Help Line from Serbia23 Kasım 2016
- ECHR: Kaos GLs freedom of expression had been violated22 Kasım 2016
- Lawyers Levent Pişkin and Cahit Kırkazak released17 Kasım 2016
- Two LGBTI activists elected to Peoples Democratic Congress General Assembly15 Kasım 2016
- LGBTI activist and lawyer Levent Pişkin is detained14 Kasım 2016
- HDP co-chairs Selahattin Demirtaş and Figen Yüksekdağ are arrested4 Kasım 2016