Istanbul municipalities put up rainbow billboards for March 8
Two municipalities in Istanbul put up billboards prepared by the Lamdaistanbul LGBTI for International Women’s Day.
Istanbul’s Kadikoy and Sisli municipalities, run by the main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP), put up billboards prepared by the Lambdaistanbul LGBTI, an LGBTI association currently located in Kadikoy, for International Women’s Day March 8.
“I’m lesbian, I’m everywhere!”
The billboards that read “I’m lesbian, I’m bisexual, I’m trans, I’m intersex: I’m at school, I’m in the Parliament, I’m everywhere!” brings attention to sexual, gender and bodily diversity for March 8 in the streets of Kadikoy and Sisli.
Both municipalities had signed off the “LGBTI-friendly Municipality Protocol” prepared by the Lambdaistanbul LGBTI and SPoD LGBT before the local elections held in March, 2013.
The main opposition municipalities had previously used billboards to raise awareness for the Trans Day of Remembrance.
Sisli Municipality also launched its Social Equality Unit in October 2015 - a dream of Boysan Yakar, an LGBTI activist and the late Sisli Municipality Mayor’s Advisor who lost his life in a traffic accident last year.
- 5 LGBTI activists arrested for different reasons in April26 Nisan 2017
- Istanbul Film Festival: Fault in the translation was not intentional but technical5 Nisan 2017
- Sexuality and Gender in Utopias15 Mart 2017
- Hope and Twilight of Academy was discussed in Feminist Forum11 Mart 2017
- 6th Feminist Forum begins: Its necessary to see womens pro-peace movement11 Mart 2017
- Program of 6th Feminist Forum announced10 Mart 2017
- Intersex Anatolia meets families in Istanbul2 Mart 2017
- Utopia in the Twilight of Hope: 6th Feminist Forum27 Şubat 2017
- LGBTI activist Bulut Öncü lost their life in a traffic accident20 Şubat 2017
- Queer Theory course couldnt kick off!20 Şubat 2017