Istanbul municipalities put up rainbow billboards for March 8
Two municipalities in Istanbul put up billboards prepared by the Lamdaistanbul LGBTI for International Women’s Day.
Istanbul’s Kadikoy and Sisli municipalities, run by the main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP), put up billboards prepared by the Lambdaistanbul LGBTI, an LGBTI association currently located in Kadikoy, for International Women’s Day March 8.
“I’m lesbian, I’m everywhere!”
The billboards that read “I’m lesbian, I’m bisexual, I’m trans, I’m intersex: I’m at school, I’m in the Parliament, I’m everywhere!” brings attention to sexual, gender and bodily diversity for March 8 in the streets of Kadikoy and Sisli.
Both municipalities had signed off the “LGBTI-friendly Municipality Protocol” prepared by the Lambdaistanbul LGBTI and SPoD LGBT before the local elections held in March, 2013.
The main opposition municipalities had previously used billboards to raise awareness for the Trans Day of Remembrance.
Sisli Municipality also launched its Social Equality Unit in October 2015 - a dream of Boysan Yakar, an LGBTI activist and the late Sisli Municipality Mayor’s Advisor who lost his life in a traffic accident last year.
- Sexuality and Gender in Utopias15 Mart 2017
- Hope and Twilight of Academy was discussed in Feminist Forum11 Mart 2017
- 6th Feminist Forum begins: It’s necessary to see women’s pro-peace movement11 Mart 2017
- Program of 6th Feminist Forum announced10 Mart 2017
- Intersex Anatolia meets families in Istanbul2 Mart 2017
- Utopia in the Twilight of Hope: 6th Feminist Forum27 Žubat 2017
- LGBTI activist Bulut Öncü lost their life in a traffic accident20 Žubat 2017
- Queer Theory course couldn’t kick off!20 Žubat 2017
- Open Letter from the Women’s Studies Students: “No, we are not going!”15 Žubat 2017
- Not only consultation but also empowerment!14 Žubat 2017