Commission on the Status of Women completed its 60th session
The 60th session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women took place in New York.
Behalf of Kaos GL Association and Ka.Der Ankara Branch Office, Ezgi Koçak attended the session of Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) that took place in New York between the 14th and the 24th of March this year.
In CSW60 session, Commission published its Agreed Conclusions on the priority theme of “Women’s empowerment and its link to sustainable development”. Commission also reviewed the progress regarding CSW output on violence against women which was taken in consideration in 2013.
Ezgi Koçak, who followed the process behalf of Kaos GL Association and Ka.Der Ankara Branch Office also gave an interview to The Guardian.
In her interview, Koçak emphasized the requirement of gender centered implementation of UN Sustainable development goals, the importance of these goals as tools for global peace and spreading the voice of women within peace processes.
Translated by Ufukcan Mahanoğlu
- LGBTI activist Bulut Öncü lost their life in a traffic accident20 Şubat 2017
- Queer Theory course couldnt kick off!20 Şubat 2017
- Open Letter from the Womens Studies Students: No, we are not going!15 Şubat 2017
- Not only consultation but also empowerment!14 Şubat 2017
- KaosQ+ will focus on Talim-Terbiye*13 Şubat 2017
- Volunteering to secure LGBTQI+ rights in Turkey and beyond8 Şubat 2017
- Kaos GLs next issue: Game and Sports9 Ocak 2017
- Kaos GL: Lynch attempt against Barbaros Şansal is a hate crime!3 Ocak 2017
- Refugee transgender woman was killed in Istanbul22 Aralık 2016
- 5th Symposium against Discrimination to take place in Ankara1 Aralık 2016