LGBTI activist and lawyer Levent Pişkin is detained
LGBTI activist Levent Pişkin, one of the attorneys of HDP Co-chair Selahattin Demirtaş, is detained.
HDP İstanbul Provincial Executor and LGBTI activist Levent Pişkin who visited arrested HDP Co-Chair Selahattin Demirtaş in prison was also detained towards this morning.
Around 5:00am in the morning, a speacial operation police team busted Pişkin’s home in Kurtuluş, İstanbul and after they took him into custody they also confiscated some of his belongings.
Pişkin, who is also a member of Özgürlükçü Hukukçular Derneği (ÖHD) among the 370 organizations shut down last week, is known as a human rights defender. ÖHD announced his detention as following:
“Our member, HDP Province Co-chair and lawyer Levent Pişkin was detained after he was targeted by partisan media with an early morning police raid.”
Pişkin visiting his Client Demirtaş as his lawyer was targeted by Sabah newspaper with that statement:
“İstanbul HDP Province Executor lawyer L.P got in contact with C.K after he heard that L.P will also visit Demirtaş in prison, and he transmitted the demand of German magazine. The demand is for the purpose of propaganda that includes the hand-written note from Demirtaş stating his message to Europe and Germany.”
Detained with the mandatory instruction of Public Prosecution Office of Bursa, Pişkin is now taken to Bursa.
In November 7, Lawyer C.K taken into custody with the same allegation.
Levent Pişkin, lawyer of LGBTI organizations, is also a member of the İstanbul LGBTI+ Pride Week Community.
- LGBTI activist Bulut Öncü lost their life in a traffic accident20 Şubat 2017
- Queer Theory course couldnt kick off!20 Şubat 2017
- Open Letter from the Womens Studies Students: No, we are not going!15 Şubat 2017
- Not only consultation but also empowerment!14 Şubat 2017
- KaosQ+ will focus on Talim-Terbiye*13 Şubat 2017
- Volunteering to secure LGBTQI+ rights in Turkey and beyond8 Şubat 2017
- Kaos GLs next issue: Game and Sports9 Ocak 2017
- Kaos GL: Lynch attempt against Barbaros Şansal is a hate crime!3 Ocak 2017
- Refugee transgender woman was killed in Istanbul22 Aralık 2016
- 5th Symposium against Discrimination to take place in Ankara1 Aralık 2016