Two LGBTI activists elected to Peoples Democratic Congress General Assembly
During the 7th Plenum of People’s Democratic Congress two LGBTI activists were elected to the General Assembly consisting of 121 members in total.
With the motto “We are organized for our future and resist for our freedom”, 7th People’s Democratic Congress' (HDK) Plenum was held in Ankara Plaza Hotel in November 13.
Onur Hamzaoğlu one of the suspended academicians from Kocaeli University and Gülistan Koçyiğit chosen in the previous general assembly were elected as HDK co-spokespersons.
During the meeting new General Assembly members were chosen as well. In the new general assembly consisting of 121 members in total two LGBTI activists, Remzi Altunpolat from Kaos GL and Yağmur Arıcan from Mersin 7 Renk LGBTI, will take in charge as HDK General Assembly members.
The Peoples' Democratic Congress (Turkish: Halkların Demokratik Kongresi, HDK) is a union of numerous left-wing political movements, organisations and parties in Turkey that aims to fundamentally recreate Turkish politics and represent oppressed, exploited individuals who face ethnic, religious or gender discrimination. The Congress is anti-capitalist and was formed on 15 October 2011. It organises numerous conferences and holds official congresses. In 2012, the Congress established a new party that would act as its political wing, the Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP).
- Kaos GLs next issue: Game and Sports9 Ocak 2017
- Kaos GL: Lynch attempt against Barbaros Şansal is a hate crime!3 Ocak 2017
- Refugee transgender woman was killed in Istanbul22 Aralık 2016
- 5th Symposium against Discrimination to take place in Ankara1 Aralık 2016
- LGBT SOS Help Line from Serbia23 Kasım 2016
- ECHR: Kaos GLs freedom of expression had been violated22 Kasım 2016
- Lawyers Levent Pişkin and Cahit Kırkazak released17 Kasım 2016
- Two LGBTI activists elected to Peoples Democratic Congress General Assembly15 Kasım 2016
- LGBTI activist and lawyer Levent Pişkin is detained14 Kasım 2016
- HDP co-chairs Selahattin Demirtaş and Figen Yüksekdağ are arrested4 Kasım 2016