Lawyers Levent Pişkin and Cahit Kırkazak released
Detained LGBTI activist and lawyer Levent Pişkin and lawyer Cahit Kırkazak have been released on conditions of judicial control and restriction on travelling abroad.
Detained after their meetings with arrested HDP Co-chair Selahattin Demirtaş, LGBTI activist and Lawyer Levent Pişkin and lawyer Cahit Kırkazak have been released on conditions of judicial review and restriction on travelling abroad by Criminal Court of Peace in Bursa Courthouse.
In the scope of the same trial, interrogation of 7 other detainees sent to the court for arrest.
During his interrogation HDP’s Istanbul Provincial Executor and lawyer Levent Pişkin was accused with “organizing an international lobby activity against Turkey by publishing the note about the arrest of HDP Co-chair Selahattin Demirtaş via German Der Spiegel magazin”.
Representing arrested HDP Co-Chair Selahattin Demirtaş, attorney Levent Pişkin was taken into custody during a house raid in İstanbul at around 5 a.m. on November 14.
Before the detention, allegations took place in media outlets such as Takvim, Sabah, Ulusal Kanal that Pişkin and Kırkazak would send Demirtaş’s messages to a journal in Germany to be used for propaganda.
For Levent Pişkin a social media action with #LeventPişkinYalnızDeğildir hashtags.
Libertarian Lawyers’ Association (Özgürlükçü Hukukçular Derneği) in which he’s a member, Hakikat Adalet ve Hafıza Merkezi and İstanbul LGBTİ+ Pride Week Committee in which he’s working made a statement about his detention.
Boğaziçi University and Solidarity Network with Arressted Students (Tutuklu Öğrencilerle Dayanışma Ağı) published support messages for him.
In the international media his detention took attention as well. Paris Bar Association Grants Detained Attorney Pişkin Honorary Membership.
- Sexuality and Gender in Utopias15 Mart 2017
- Hope and Twilight of Academy was discussed in Feminist Forum11 Mart 2017
- 6th Feminist Forum begins: Its necessary to see womens pro-peace movement11 Mart 2017
- Program of 6th Feminist Forum announced10 Mart 2017
- Intersex Anatolia meets families in Istanbul2 Mart 2017
- Utopia in the Twilight of Hope: 6th Feminist Forum27 Şubat 2017
- LGBTI activist Bulut Öncü lost their life in a traffic accident20 Şubat 2017
- Queer Theory course couldnt kick off!20 Şubat 2017
- Open Letter from the Womens Studies Students: No, we are not going!15 Şubat 2017
- Not only consultation but also empowerment!14 Şubat 2017