LGBTI activist Bulut Öncü lost their life in a traffic accident
LGBTI activist Bulut Öncü lost their life in a traffic accident this morning. We are deeply sorry for our loss…
Today early morning, LGBTI activist Bulut Öncü working on sexual health field lost their life after the commercial taxi they took had a traffic accident.
Their funeral will be held on February 21, Tuesday, from their hometown Konya.
They worked for UNFPA and many CSO in Turkey
Öncü who was one of the volunteer reporters of Kaos GL in 2010-2013 had also worked for Toplum Gönüllüleri Vakfı (TOG), Sağlıkta Genç Yaklaşımlar Derneği and United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA). In the scope of a Sivil Düşün Project, they were working at International Consulting Expertise from Belgium.
Öncü who had been worked both voluntarily and professional on many different fields of civil society was especially known for their works on sexual health field.
They were also a member of 3H movement.
They were planning to run in Runatolia. If this unfortunate accident did not happen, they would run on behalf of Sağlıkta Genç Yaklaşımlar (Y-Peer) in Runatolia Marathon which will take plane on 5th of March.
Sorry for our loss!
We are suffering from the loss of our volunteer reporter, our friend and fellow Bulut Öncü. We wish all of their friends to be patient and to stand the gaff. We are deeply sorry for our loss!
- 5 LGBTI activists arrested for different reasons in April26 Nisan 2017
- Istanbul Film Festival: Fault in the translation was not intentional but technical5 Nisan 2017
- Sexuality and Gender in Utopias15 Mart 2017
- Hope and Twilight of Academy was discussed in Feminist Forum11 Mart 2017
- 6th Feminist Forum begins: Its necessary to see womens pro-peace movement11 Mart 2017
- Program of 6th Feminist Forum announced10 Mart 2017
- Intersex Anatolia meets families in Istanbul2 Mart 2017
- Utopia in the Twilight of Hope: 6th Feminist Forum27 Şubat 2017
- LGBTI activist Bulut Öncü lost their life in a traffic accident20 Şubat 2017
- Queer Theory course couldnt kick off!20 Şubat 2017