6th Feminist Forum begins: Its necessary to see womens pro-peace movement
6th Feminist Forum organized by Kaos GL started with the speech of Prof. Dr. Alev Özkazanç. Indicating that the majority of the signatories of the peace declaration are women, Özkazanç said, “It is necessary to see the growing pro-peace movement of women, particularly in Turkey.”
Today, 6th Feminist Forum organized by Kaos GL started in Neva Palas Hotel. The opening speech of the forum was made by Prof. Dr. Alev Özkazanç, one of the Academics for Peace.
The forum began with a session named, “We are talking about the twilight and hope with feminist academics dismissed from the universities by statutory decrees”. Academics Ece Öztan Yıldız, Esra Dabağcı, Funda Şenol Cantek, Hatice Yeşildal, Melek Zorlu, Madide Karkıner, Sevgi Uçan Çubukçu and Yasemin Özgün were the speakers of the session.
Referring to the theme of this year’s forum, Özkazanç said, “6th Feminist Forum’s theme, Utopia in the Twilight of Hope, is a very good theme that describes today’s conditions very well.”
Indicating that they were dismissed from the universities for signing the Peace Declaration, Özkazanç said, “They would find another way to dismiss us if we didn’t even sign the declaration. The majority of the signatories of the peace declaration are women. We should talk about that. It is necessary to see the growing pro-peace movement of women, particularly in Turkey. We have time to think about the past, today and future as we are unemployed. We don’t think the utopias are impossible and they are a distant country. We think they are the present places of hopes that have been closed and marginalized. Today, we come together for talking about the hope and what we can do to keep hoping.”
- Sexuality and Gender in Utopias15 Mart 2017
- Hope and Twilight of Academy was discussed in Feminist Forum11 Mart 2017
- 6th Feminist Forum begins: Its necessary to see womens pro-peace movement11 Mart 2017
- Program of 6th Feminist Forum announced10 Mart 2017
- Intersex Anatolia meets families in Istanbul2 Mart 2017
- Utopia in the Twilight of Hope: 6th Feminist Forum27 Şubat 2017
- LGBTI activist Bulut Öncü lost their life in a traffic accident20 Şubat 2017
- Queer Theory course couldnt kick off!20 Şubat 2017
- Open Letter from the Womens Studies Students: No, we are not going!15 Şubat 2017
- Not only consultation but also empowerment!14 Şubat 2017