Istanbul LGBTI activist Kıvılcım Arat taken into custody
Trans activist Kıvılcım Arat from Istanbul LGBTI was taken into custody at Istanbul Atatürk Airport International Terminal. The reason of detainment is not known.
Istanbul LGBTI Association Board Member and trans activist Kıvılcım Arat, was taken into custody by police at Istanbul Atatürk Airport International Terminal.
Zelal Demir from Istanbul LGBTI talked to KaosGL.org about the detainment. She mentioned that, the reason for detainment is not known:
“Release our friend and comrade!”
“The lawyers are on their way to learn more about the detainment. As far as we know, there is no reason for detainment. We have no information about Kıvılcım’s condition and where the police keep her. Our friend and comrade Kıvılcım Arat is a human rights defender and recently there is a massive detainment wave against human rights defender. She is not alone and we want from the authorities to release her!”
Arat, was on her way for a women’s rights conference at Germany.
Will be updated…
- Kıvılcım Arat is released from custody18 Mart 2017
- Istanbul LGBTI activist Kıvılcım Arat taken into custody17 Mart 2017
- Visa ban means uncertainty for LGBTI refugees in Turkey6 Şubat 2017
- Kaos GL: Organizing through rainbow networks10 Ocak 2017
- LGBTI activist arrested due to social media activities!2 Ocak 2017
- Meet the Refugee Support Map!26 Ekim 2016
- Correct declaration of gender to take a train!14 Ekim 2016
- Religious LGBTI people in lonely lands11 Ekim 2016
- LGBTI rights from the Islamic, Christian and Jewish perspectives10 Ekim 2016
- Syrian gay refugee killed in Istanbul4 Ağustos 2016