Kıvılcım Arat is released from custody
Istanbul LGBTI Board Member Kıvılcım Arat is released from custody after her statement at vacation court.
Istanbul LGBTI Association Board Member and trans activist Kıvılcım Arat was taken into custody yesterday night by police at Istanbul Atatürk Airport International Terminal. Arat, was on her way for a women’s rights conference at Germany.
Today (18th March), she is released after her statement at vacation court. It is revealed that she hadn’t give her statement about a trial process opened about her. The trial process with the claim of “threat” continues.
During the detainment, she suffered from maltreatment. Police tried to put her to men’s section at custodial prison. She refused and after discussion she was lockdown alone.
- Kıvılcım Arat is released from custody18 Mart 2017
- Istanbul LGBTI activist Kıvılcım Arat taken into custody17 Mart 2017
- Visa ban means uncertainty for LGBTI refugees in Turkey6 Şubat 2017
- Kaos GL: Organizing through rainbow networks10 Ocak 2017
- LGBTI activist arrested due to social media activities!2 Ocak 2017
- Meet the Refugee Support Map!26 Ekim 2016
- Correct declaration of gender to take a train!14 Ekim 2016
- Religious LGBTI people in lonely lands11 Ekim 2016
- LGBTI rights from the Islamic, Christian and Jewish perspectives10 Ekim 2016
- Syrian gay refugee killed in Istanbul4 Ağustos 2016